Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:30pm
1633 Medical Center Point
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80907
CSHP Colorado Clean Program
Colorado Springs Health Partners, PC is doing our part to help keep harmful medications out of Colorado rivers, lakes, and
drinking water. Through our pharmacy at 1633 Medical Center Point, CSHP now offers free and safe disposal of unwanted, unused,
or expired prescription and over-the-counter medications. In association with the National Community Pharmacists Association,
our pharmacy sends your returned medications to an incineration facility, where high temperatures break down chemicals and
emissions are capped and treated. Both the EPA and World Health Organization recommend this method of disposal over flushing
or throwing away unused medications.
CSHP is also accepting personal size, approved sharps containers** (we cannot accept bleach bottles, cans, soda bottles or
any other non-approved container). The sharps return is not part of the NCPA TakeAway™ Environmental Return System and there
is a $5.00 charge for each sharps container.
Our pharmacists are trained to help patients understand how to get the most out of their medicines and, when necessary,
how to safely and properly dispose of them. Proper disposal protects our families, our community and our environment.
How to Return Your Medicines to CSHP Pharmacy
- Collect approved medications you would like to have destroyed.
- Medications must be in original containers (cross out any personal information if you wish, but do not cross out the name of the medicine!).
- Follow instructions for preparing the return of liquids.***
- Approved sharps containers** must be sealed according to manufacturer’s specification.
- Fill out the Medication Return Form at home or at our pharmacy.
- Bring the medications to Colorado Springs Health Partners Pharmacy.
- Give medicines to Pharmacy staff.
|YES: Items Accepted|| NO: Items Not Accepted
- Prescription medications (except controlled medications)
- Over-the-counter medications
- Medication samples
- Vitamins and supplements
- Medicated ointments, lotions, creams, and oils
- Lotions and powders
- Homeopathic Remedies
- Pet medications
- Sharps Container**
- Controlled prescriptions (e.g. narcotics, vicodin, ritalin, codeine, oxycodone, etc.)
(More info on controlled prescription disposal)
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Home based care products
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- No pharmaceutical waste from any other source (besides households)*
*The program can only accept unused medications from patients or patients’ caregivers.
Inventory from a pharmacy or other healthcare center is NOT acceptable.
**We will accept your approved individual sized sharps container for disposal.
This is not part of the Take Back program and requires a $5.00 charge for each container.
A sharps container is a single use container that is filled with used medical needles/syringes/lancets to be disposed of.
***Liquid, if any, must be 4 oz. or less per script placed into the box.
Liquid must be inside a separate baggie and wrapped with an absorbent such as a paper towel.