You will find friendly, supportive people to help you understand your bill, answer your questions and get the information you need when you need it.
Please ask us about your bill and the billing process at any time, whether it’s before you arrive, at the time you receive care, and of course, when you receive your bill. We are here to help you.
Before you Receive Care
Patients, as the recipients of plan benefits, are responsible for knowing where their plan is accepted and what services are covered. CSHP accepts most major insurance plans as a convenience for our patients. Many times, insurance plans designate where you are able to be seen for special services like diagnostic tests and hospital care. Authorization from your insurance company is generally required for surgeries, MRI, CT scans, certain cardiac procedures and certain other tests. Our Benefit Coordinators will work with your insurance company to obtain benefit information or authorization that may be required to help confirm that your care will be covered.
Patient Service Representatives
Upon arrival at CSHP, every patient meets face-to-face with a Patient Service Representative.
When you register, we will:
- Ask to see your insurance card and make a copy of the card
- Ask for a photo ID to verify billing information
- Ask you to sign HIPAA regulation forms
- Collect any copayments or deductibles
- Confirm your approval to bill your insurance company and share information with other care providers involved with your care
We will never delay the emergency care you need. If necessary, a member of the patient services team will contact you at a later time to obtain this information.
When You Receive Care
At the time you receive care, charges are entered into your account by your provider. These may include the ordering of any lab tests, procedures, medications or x-rays.
If you do NOT have insurance:
- A down payment of a predetermined amount will be required at the time of service. This down payment will be applied to any charges you incur on this date of service; these may include, but are not limited to, lab tests, procedures, or medications administered at the time of service. If the down payment exceeds the charge, a refund will be processed for you as soon as possible.
- You will receive a bill from Colorado Springs Health Partners approximately two weeks after your visit.
If you HAVE insurance:
- Your copay or deductible will be collected at time of service
- We will bill your primary and secondary health insurance for you. You will receive a bill from CSHP if there is a balance due after your insurance company has paid CSHP or if the insurance company requests more information from you.
- Any unpaid balance for services you received at CSHP is your responsibility.
Please contact one of our Patient Accounts Representatives at 719-538-2945 with any questions you may have about payment.